Accredited in 1962 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, your Rescue Mission of Mahoning Valley continues to meet the needs of the homeless and working poor in the Mahoning Valley. Continuous since 1893, The Mission directly serves 3 counties in Ohio and 2 in Western Pennsylvania. Indirectly we have provided service to those in need throughout the United States, and now, the world.
On a broader scale, our affiliation with the Association of Gospel Rescue Missions not only connects us with over 240 other Missions throughout the country, but combined with the internet, to the world.
We meet accountability standards
- The Mission is a top-rated member of the Evangelical Council on Financial Accountability (ECFA).
- We have been evaluated in relation to the 20 Better Business Bureau Standards for Charitable Accountability and meets all those Standards.
- Rescue Mission of Mahoning Valley has a 3 Star rating from Charity Navigator.
- Financial records are audited annually by an independent accounting firm and are available upon request.
- The Rescue Mission is a "Certified member of the Associaion of Gospel Rescue Missions (AGRM).
- We are also an active member in the Youngstown / Warren Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Contact Us Form