- The Resident Building is home to three served meals each day, emergency and transitional shelter, and client educational programs including Biblical instruction.
- Built in 1930, the Rescue Mission was originally a 27,000 ft2 African-American YMCA.
|Chapel Seating for 60||Dining Room Seating for 90|
|Men's DepartmentBeds for 78|
|Family ServicesBeds for 66||Educational Services Learning Center & Classrooms|
Reception & Common Space
Warehouse & Distribution Center
Donations are received at this location from the public, inventoried and distributed to those in need.
Our warehouse provides food baskets, clothing, furniture, fixtures, and appliances to the public free of charge.
More than 5,000 individuals received assistance annually.
Over 700 emergency food baskets shared with the public annually.
2246 Glenwood Ave
- Our Glenwood facility is a single story masonry structure with a partial, finished basement
- Built in the mid 1960's, it has 20,000 ft2 and was originally built as the Society for the Blind sheltered workshop
- The Mission acquired the facility in 1992.
- Dining / Meeting Area & Kitchenette – seating for over 100
- Mission Mall – 3,500 ft2, "shopping" area for clients and public containing donated clothing, household appliances, etc
- Warehouse & Distribution, non food items – 6,200 ft2, storage and volunteer workspace, all donated material is received, sorted, evaluated and put in The Mission Mall space for distribution
- Warehouse & Distribution, food service items – 5,000 ft2, bulk dry goods storage, commercial walk-in refrigerators and freezers
- Conference Areas – One small, capacity 8, one larger, capacity 40
- Reception & Common space
- Office space