Donating Funds to Rescue Mission of the Mahoning Valley
Donations by cash or check from individuals, businesses and organizations are always welcome at The Mission. We also accept gift cards.
—> (The Rescue Mission DOES NOT receive Government or United Way funds. We are extremely grateful to the individuals, churches, businesses, groups and charitable funders that support the ministry. God bless you!)
Donate using PayPal
Donate in person
At the Emergency Shelter at 962 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. (any time)
Donate by mail
Rescue Mission of the Mahoning Valley
PO Box 430
Youngstown, OH 44501
Text RESCUE to 31-996
Increase your giving at no cost to you thanks to the Youngstown Foundation. Here is a simple and free opportunity to add 5% to your donation of $100–$5,000 to the Rescue Mission of Mahoning Valley courtesy of the Youngstown Foundation.
Giving via The Youngstown Foundation by check
- Write your check (minimum: $100; maximum: $5,000) out to Youngstown Foundation on the “pay to the order of” line.
- In the memo section, write Rescue Mission of Mahoning Valley.
- Mail your check to the Rescue Mission; PO Box 430 Youngstown, Ohio 44501
The Mission will forward your gift to the Youngstown Foundation for processing. The Youngstown Foundation will send the full amount of the gift, plus 5% back to the Rescue Mission!
|Amount of Youngstown
|Your gift to the
Mission is now:
For more details on this support fund, please visit the Youngstown Foundation’s website.
Donating Items to the Mission
NOTICE – As of October, 2015 the Rescue Mission of the Mahoning Valley is limiting the types of in-kind donations we are able to use to bless our clients. Please note that the Distribution Center located at 2246 Glenwood Ave. will no longer serve as a drop off location for donations. We ask that our generous donors bring gifts to our Shelter located at 962 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd and please limit the types of donations made to the mission to the following: CASH, FOOD, PERSONAL HYGEINE ITEMS, BUS TICKETS, and OTC Meds. THANK YOU!
Download a copy of our most recent needs list here. (Same items are listed below)
- #10 Cans (Potatoes, Spaghetti Sauce, Vegetables)
- Meats (Bacon, Breakfast Sausage, Ground Beef, Hot dogs, Italian Sausage, Pork Butts)
- Spices (Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Chicken Base, Beef Base)_
- Condiments (BBQ Sauce, Hot Sauce, Italian Dressing, Mayo, Miracle Whip, Ranch Dressing)
- Staples (Butter, Eggs, Cooking Oil, Cooking Spray, Fresh Fruit, Milk, Dry Milk, Sugar, Brown Sugar)
- Paper products (Dessert Plates, 8 oz coffee cups, Napkins, Paper Towels, Tissues, Toilet Paper)
- Supplies (Freezer bags, Heavy duty foil, Sandwich bags, Styrofoam bowls and trays, Trash bags, Disinfectant wipes)
Aerosol deodorants, Disposable Razors, Feminine Needs, Foot Powder, Hand Sanitizers, Shampoo, Soap, Toothbrushes/Paste
- Sheets (twin)
- Wash Cloths
- Kitchen Aprons
- O.T.C Meds
- Gift cards for grocery stores, GFS and Sam’s Club
A car or truck
Donate your old car, receive tax deduction benefits and enjoy knowing that you’re helping people in need at the Rescue Mission of Mahoning Valley.
The Mission uses coupons from the phone book to purchase bus tickets at a discount for our clients who use them to get to appointments and job search. Individual ride bus tickets or a cash donation to purchase passes is always appreciated.
If you work for a business or organization, there are many ways you can support the Mission. Set aside space for the Mission to display materials. Donate room in your print publications as free ad space. Offer a matching challenge to your employees who will donate money to a non-profit. Allow employees a few hours to volunteer while on the job. Be a sponsor of a Mission fundraising event.
Host a collection
Many wonderful people in the Valley host collections and drives for the Mission! We are so thankful. If you would like to host a collection, currently the only items we are able to use are (1) Food items, (2) Personal Hygiene items, (3) OTC medications (4) WRTA Bus tickets and (4) monetary gifts. Thanks !